Copyright

No copying of text, pictures and videos from this blog.

14.1.10

A Good Enjoyable Light Jog That Helped Me Learn My Lesson


Yesterday, it was five o'clock in the evening. I was all stressed up, trying to complete the pile of homework on my table which needed to be handed in today. I had been at them the whole day, but the homework never seemed to be getting less. My brain was so tired, I felt like it was about to explode. I tried to answer the next few questions but no answers came to my head. After some consideration, I decided, I needed a break.

I enjoyed jogging so I got changed, then went downstairs for a light jog to relax my mind. Initially, I couldn't. A jumble of mathematical equations and statements were still stuck in my head and my anger towards my teachers didn't help. As I jogged, I kept thinking, '' Why must all my teachers give so much homework? If each one of them gave an assignment, it would be fine, but no, each of them had to give two or three assignments. Maths, Science, Home Economics, Mother Tongue......''

I got so agitated that it affected my breathing rhythm so I had to stop thinking. I told myself to clear my mind and relax. Eventually, the thoughts cleared and I did relax. I enjoyed the wind blowing fresh air into my face, the scenery of my surroundings and just the feeling of running free without any restrictions.

After a while, my mind felt clearer and fresher and I thought, '' Is it really the teachers fault?''

Then, I recalled. My teachers actually gave me a few days to complete most of my assignments, but the past few days, I was only bothered about completing the assignments that had to be handed in the following day. I had also been wasting a lot of precious time. Taking my own sweet time to eat, shower and walk home. Worst still, I played my Xbox for one and a half hours a day. This is entirely my fault!

The important thing for me to do then was to go back home since my mind had rested, focus and try to complete my work, and that was what I did. Although I didn't finish one or two of my assignments and I slept at two in the morning, I had learnt a very important lesson, time management is the key to all success. That light jog really did me good!

No comments:

Post a Comment