Today, at fifteen minutes past two, I was shaken awake by the loud ringing of the school bell. I was feeling exhausted and very sleepy as I had slept at two last night. Thanks to the cycle, which is sleep late, feel sleepy in the afternoon, work done slowly, therfore causing you to sleep late again. I lazily slung my bag, and walked home slowly, dragging my feet all the way home as I thought of the amount of homework that awaited me.
At home, I thought that after having a cold shower, I would be ok. It worked, for a while, but after half an hour, I felt drowsier than ever. ''I can't sleep! I've got a lot of assignments to complete!'' I thought to myself.
I decided to pour myself a cup of coffee and drank it as I worked. However, it still did not work! I continued nodding off to sleep throughout. I washed my face at least another half a dozen times before I finally gave up and just continued my work in the lazy and slow pace.
Then, to my surprise, my father came home early today. I told him about my problem of wanting to fall asleep when I did my work. His answer was quite surprising to me at that time. He just told me to go to sleep, have a one hour 'power nap' he calls it. I was doubtful of his solution at first, but decided to trust him. I did not regret it, when I woke up, I was wide awake and was able to do my work at an incredible speed. Hence, I managed to finish all my homework without sleeping late today.
I have finally broken the cycle, thanks Dad!



Wonderfully done! I liked it alot because i also have such an experience before. I totally sympathise you! I understand the feeling of being not able to have sufficient sleep. I also agree that this cycle will never end. But i am really touched that your father knowing that you are very tired has given you a day off and let you rest. Nice post
ReplyDelete